• #1 milestone for July 4 with 85 upvotes, 2700 views • 519 views on the post
Super interesting that the milestone post did better on IndieHackers than the actual post. I thought a summary of the 11 lessons would do well. And funny enough, the post picked up more steam after 24 hours, once the milestone was no longer visible. I found it a bit odd.
If you're building a Shopify app, I highly recommend joining the app developers group. The community is warm and lovely, they help out each other with technical and non-technical problems. It's a gem.
The traffic from various social media was driving views to my blog post.
Traffic (pageviews / users)
• July 4: 3181 / 2310 • July 5: 22708 / 16203 • July 6: 6147 / 4257 • July 7: 1230 / 807
At its peak, I saw more than 100 concurrent users on the blog. But I got busy having my mouth hanging open. So I only managed to grab a screenshot showing 91.
You'll just have to take my word for it.
I kept digging at the numbers. Here's more observations:
• US: 38% of users who visited • India: 2nd best bounce rate and average session duration • Germany: Awfully impatient about leaving the site in 37 seconds • Netherlands: browsed the most with 1.59 pages/session
• 81% of blog readers were on their phone • 3x more Mac users than Windows • Who is browsing on a BlackBerry or Amazon Silk?
Sunday Coffee ☕️ Newsletter
I also added 138 subscribers to my weekly newsletter Sunday Coffee ☕️.
That takes the grand total to 165 subscribers. It's 164 more than I had expected when I started.
My post went viral. Why?
• Milestone People love celebrating a milestone with fellow entrepreneurs. It's overwhelming, the positivity and support Red heart
• Authenticity I bared it all in the post. It felt like reliving those 14 months. And I think people can feel that.
I tailored the content for every platform
• Twitter: Broke down the journey into a Tweet thread • Reddit: Full post with link to blog at the end • IH: Milestone, and Post with summary of the 11 learnings • LinkedIn: Short summary, go to the post for more
I also got dozens of DMs and emails from fellow and aspiring entrepreneurs, and I hope to have made a few new friends :)
One word to the aspiring entrepreneurs - START
Two words to fellow entrepreneurs - KEEP HUSTLING
Want to see any other numbers or have questions? Message me on Twitter
I write about building profitable SaaS businesses and living a good life. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and be notified about new posts, project updates, and learnings that I share in public. Sent out out on Sunday mornings and best had with fresh coffee ☕️